Friday, December 23, 2011

PADI Discover Scuba Dive at the Wave Break Island, QLD


Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Look at me! Already armored up in a real tight steamer wetsuit. FYI, water conducts heat from the divers 25 times better than air, which can lead to hypothermia even in mild water temperatures. Comprehend it or not, wetsuit / drysuit is a must when scuba diving in order to protect our bodies from heat loss as well as skin cuts and grazes by rough or sharp underwater objects.

Wavebreak Island Satelite Image 2
Destination of the day: Wave Break Island.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
My yellow swimfins aka flippers.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Carlos, the instructor demonstrating how to put on scuba diving gears and the proper ways to use them.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Weight belts all around our waists now. They were so heavy that I could barely stand up and walk.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
That guys in blue shirt (the one who stood behind me) helped us to gear up with oxygen tank, BC (buoyancy compensator), and every other things that required.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Before we jumped into the water, I was told to press and hold the mask and regulator with my right hand, and place my left hand right on the waist belt. Then started counting 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... jump!!!

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Phew, that wasn't hard at all Σ=)

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Unfortunately, I didn't know that the cameraman was just beside me. I could've posted with a "V"ictory instead of looking silly with my two hands trying to fit the mask nicely on my face. Truth is, the water did seep into my mask, bit by bit from time to time, and I had to sneeze the air out through my nose to get rid of the those excess water. I felt insecure when having the mask on as we could only see the front but not the sides.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
A much more thorny black sea cucumber than the one we saw on the Perhentian Island.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Hand feeding the fishes.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
There ain't no beautiful corals but just fishes and sands down there, definitely not a good spot to dive or snorkel. (ᵕ.ᵕ)

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
I was a bit freaked out at first when swimming towards the surface. I made it too quick (was supposed to be done at a slow pace) and somehow forgot which button to inflate the BC. Within seconds, I sank down to the bottom, panicking a little bit (cause of the pressure in my both ears, it hurts like needles poking into your skin, except no blood came out). Once again, I was under the water, resumed breathing using the regulator, in and out, in and out... I took a deep breath and eventually made it to the surface and inflated the BC correctly this time *clap clap*

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Me and my BB, the two proud scuba dive beginners and our instructor.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Everyone did a great job, especially my BB! ᵔ.ᵔ I remember the last time we went snorkeling together, he turned out vomiting on the boat and his face gone pale as white sheet of paper.

Discover Scuba Diving at Wavebreak Island
Thanks to Yen, we got a brand new exciting experience written in the chapters of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...