Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Rice Balls Making


Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
The glutinous balls making used to be one of our annual family activities on the eve of Winter Solstice (冬至). However, the years after me and my family far separated by the Indian and Pacific oceans, I started making them myself with some help from my BB, and this year is no exception too. I was busy preparing the dough, while he giggled and laughed all the way watching "Rush Hour 3" on the TV last night

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
Just like my mommy, I would make two different type of glutinous rice ball soups.

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
The white ones (glutinous rice flour + salt + water) are for the Cantonese-style glutinous rice soup, which tastes a little bit salty and peppery.

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
They are to be cooked with ground pork, pork ribs, coriander, and some seasoning.

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
As the colorful ones (glutinous rice flour + sugar + water) will be boiled with pandan leaves, ginger, and some sugar to taste.

Happy Winter Solstice 2011: Glutinous Balls Making
Tada! A warm bowl of sweet glutinous rice soup is now ready for you! Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Here is a little love song dedicated to all of you... with love ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...