Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Winter in Nami Island (南怡岛)


What I love most after returning from Korea was my fair and baby smooth facial skin. Yes, only facial skin as the rest of body was itching like crazy due to skin dryness, I even had dandruff snowing down from my scalp after coming back to Malaysia T_T

I would put the blame on the drastic change of weather which caused me dandruff and my poor self to be sick for almost half a month o.O Not easy adapting between -12 to -14 degrees and 30 to 34 degrees.

Throughout our 6D5N trip, I did shower like usual, day and night, and washed my hair once in every two days despite the freezing cold weather. Tap water is cleaner, air is fresher, food is healthier, coffee is nicer... Sounds like everything is better in Korea huh? LOL. Pardon me for saying the truth, but one thing I must confess is that most of the Koreans we met here are not as polite or friendly as what we've seen in the K-drama / movies. We have been deceived all these years!!!

Day 1 in Korea ❤

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Hot chocolate to keep my hands and body warm. From Nami Island Cafe it is.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Our tour guide reminded us to always remember the car plate no. of our tour bus 2227. Not in this photo in case you are looking for it xD

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Speaking of our tour guide - Rico oppa, there he is buying ferry tickets from the ticket counter.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
The ferry arrived shortly after, then everyone started to make a move.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
안녕! We are on Nami Island already =)

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Stretch of snowmen in different costumes. Ain't the real snowmen though.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
We saw ostriches and they were HUGE and cutely covered with snow. Haha!

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Right opposite us there was a wide, wide snowfield where mum and I took a stroll and snapped videos of the two of us. We were excited to see snow for the first time. Damn right, 6  years in Aussie and I haven't seen any bit of snow. Apparently, it doesn't snow in Toowoomba / Brisbane and not all parts of Sydney snow either.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Guess what?
I went for my first Korean class last Wednesday! YAY, soon I can read and write most Hangul and visit Korea again!!! I wanna go Busan and Jeju Island so, so much!

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Posing with mum at one of the must-take photo spots. 
Does anyone still recall "Winter Sonata"? Old but gold.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Big ❤

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Randomly spotted "Jalur Gemilang" in front of this gallery.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
I learned that winter hat, winter coat, winter boots, scarf, socks and gloves are crucial and should be thick and warming enough apart from the extra warm heat-tech to be worn top to bottom. Heat pack is a bonus.

And in spite of all these winter "gears" and layers of clothing that we were wearing, we still felt cold and this firewood came in just handy to us.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Waiting for the rest of the tour members to come before we can hop on the ferry back to Gapyeong Wharf.

Nami Island Korea (南怡岛)
Goodbye and 잘자!
I know I looked like preggie here but please don't remind me of that. Thank you =p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...