Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore: Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香园) and Ming Fa Fishball (明发鱼圆)


Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
The Chinatown (牛车水) in Singapore is just two MRT stations away from Little India, where our two-night accommodation located.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Though it wasn't difficult at all for tourists like us to navigate around the "Lion City", but still, a fair amount of walking is unavoidable.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Mosque Street (摩士街).

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
As you can see, there ain't much traffic on the road.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
We came across some uniquely old buildings that are painted with rainbow colors.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Restaurants are everywhere.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香园), one of the “Singapore Chinatown Heritage Brands”. We went in for some cool refreshments after touring a fair bit of the historical and cultural district.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Almond Snow Ice (杏仁雪花冰), something delicate I ordered to share.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Mango Dessert with Pomelo. It was my sis's. She loves basically just anything that contains mangoes. Crazy?! I know =.="

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Shopping (bought nothing but just some souvenirs for my BB and besties) and snapping along this quaint little street.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Even more lively and happening when the night falls.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Chinatown Car Boot Sale at Pagoda Street (跳蚤市场).

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
Spotted a rude sign saying, "Don't touch, if you're not buying." I bet no one would buy a single thing from them.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
The warm weather made me sweat a lot that I nearly lost my appetite, I didn't feel like eating until I got a taste of the noodle soup which my sis ordered from Ming Fa Fishball (明发鱼圆). It sure did cheer up my stomach and triggered hungriness in me at the same time.

Chinatown (牛车水) Singapore
So we went on ordering a delicious bowl of Fish Ball Soup with Noodle. $5 is cheap aye!

2 comments:

  1. Your camera takes amazing shots! Which model do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilie:
    Hi Emilie, these photos were taken using Sony DSC-TX1. It's a pretty good light-weight digital camera. But I only use it once in a while though, as it's not always convinient to carry a bulky and heavy Nikon D90 around when traveling =)

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...