Monday, December 19, 2011

Penang Famous Hawker / Street Food


Snake Temple Penang
Back to my second home, Penang - a food paradise for both locals and visitors. I felt pleased for being able to taste such a variety of famous hawker / street food within merely 2 weeks time on the island. Thanks to everyone in my family *bear hug*, especially my sis and bro for taking me out for lunches and dinners. I know they must have hated me for making them cracked their heads, thinking where to go and what to eat everyday ;p

Snake Temple Penang
One sunny afternoon, we came to Snake Temple in Sungai Kluang, Bayan Lepas, not for sight-seeing but food hunting! And to be honest, I never actually go in there to snap photos before, during my 5 years stay (4 years and 3 months to be exact) in Penang, shame on me.

Famous Steamed Rice near Snake Temple
#1 Steamed Rice (炖盅蒸饭) - RM 4.50 each.

Famous Steamed Rice near Snake Temple
Steamed Rice with Spare Ribs (鼓排骨饭), very well-flavored with no "pork smell" at all. The white rice given was in a very generous portion that I had to order a small plate of stir-fry pumpkin dish from the economy rice stall to go with what was left.

Famous Steamed Rice near Snake Temple
Steamed Rice with Mushroom Chicken (冬菇鸡饭) which also served with a soup if I'm not mistaken.

Hock Chew Fish Ball Glass Noodle Soup at Super Tanker Food Court, Taman Lip Sin.
#2 Hock Chew Fish Ball Glass Noodle Soup at Super Tanker Food Court, Taman Lip Sin. We used to eat at this place very often, or shall I say too often that I didn't wanna go back there to eat anymore. Don't take it wrongly, the food there was absolutely fine.

First Famous Restaurant's Chicken / Duck Rice (Pei Pa Duck), Lorong Susu(牛奶巷)
#3 Roasted Chicken / Duck Rice at First Famous Restaurant, Lorong Susu (牛奶巷).

First Famous Restaurant's Chicken / Duck Rice (Pei Pa Duck), Lorong Susu(牛奶巷)
The Chinese sausage and roasted chicken we ordered were good. But not the roasted pork though, cause of its overpowering "pork smell" and the roasted duck was a bit burned on the skin too, as you can see above.

Trisha Egg Tart (三轮车蛋挞) at Padang Brown Food Court, corner of Perak Road and Anson Road.
#4 Trisha Egg Tart (三轮车蛋挞) at Padang Brown Food Court, corner of Perak Road and Anson Road.

Trisha Egg Tart (三轮车蛋挞) at Padang Brown Food Court, corner of Perak Road and Anson Road.
The best egg tarts I've tasted in Penang so far!!! Crispy puff pastry and lightly sweet golden egg custard filling *two thumbs up*

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
The day after my sister's wedding, I went on food hunting again with my daddy, sis, and bro.

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
#5 Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol and Ice Kacang at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街).

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
Even celebrities like Phua Chu Kang (Gurmit Singh) and with his wife, Rosie (Irene Ang) flew all the way from the "Lion City" to taste their signature desserts.

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
I don't know... The so-called famous ice cendol just didn't impress me and my family much. It tasted rather sweet with very little shaved ice, cendol and red beans could only be seen after I scooped them up with the spoon for the sake of photo-shooting. 

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
A poem inspired by the traditional dessert.

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
Guys talk between father and son... cute <3

Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee (景贵街)
My sis was tempted by the Asam Laksa, so she ordered one to share with me, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...