Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Day in Klian Intan: Fishing


Klian Intan

On one of the days of Chinese New Year, my friends and I went on a mini fishing trip somewhere in Klian Intan, a very small town which was joined to Pengkalan Hulu / Kroh (my hometown) by a twisty road about eight miles in length. We found a good spot and lighted up a fire before the fishing began.

Klian Intan

Here comes an up-close dragonfly shot!
It ain't easy to capture it with a digital camera like mine.

Klian Intan

One of the fishing ponds in this area.

Klian Intan

Red ants that you should always pay extra attention towards.

Klian Intan

Tree fungus.

Klian Intan

Enjoying the nature beauty while fishing.

Klian Intan

Our fishing baits.

Klian Intan

Waiting patiently for the "victims" to get on the hook...

Klian Intan

We fished for a few hours (I'm not very sure about the time but the waiting did make me feel like we've been there for quite long) and finally caught a small sized Snackhead (生鱼).

Klian Intan

In case you don't know, tin mining has been carried out here since the 70s until now.

Klian Intan

The beautiful sunset...

Klian Intan

A great view taken from the Klian Intan Chinese temple (仁丹霸王古庙). There aren't much changes to this place since my last visit about 3-4 years ago.

Klian Intan

Tang Lung deco for Chinese New Year.

P.S. Thanks to my dear friend and his family for the fishing trip and everything.

12 comments:

  1. nice shoot!

    what len you use?

    nice shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CH Voon:

    Thanks, I just used digital camera to snap those photos, no particular lens :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried fishing b4, no patient...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere in Singapore:

    Maybe it was my first time fishing, I didn't feel bored or anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah....u like fishing too? i love fishing very much...very excited when u manage to catch a fish rite...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ic.. how u take the photos - fish - photos number 7

    ReplyDelete
  7. vialentino:
    Not to say like it, but I don't hate it either... And as you said, everything is worth it when you finally caught something ^^

    CH Voon:
    Erm, that one has been ps-ed to be looked in that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the "dragonfly". I never see a yellow-legs one before.

    If you look carefully, it is called "damselfly" instead, similar but not dragonfly. :)

    Wiki it or search it in my blog :p if you are interested to know more about damselfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colin:
    Thanks for the info, will have a look into your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos!!
    I am following your blog already :)
    Visit my blog about Fishing in Poland please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I passed by Kelian Intan last week. I saw it and felt nostalgic. It is a future good village for separation from this world. A good place for to get near nature. It is also a good place to start a life without electricity IF worst solar storm really had striken Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I plan to return there soon to find a place there probably to stay away from the worldly things. See warning from NASA about coming severe storm once in a lifetime solar storm that could wipe out electricity for weeks or months or years: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/22jun_swef2011/
    The solar storm would also destroy all satellites, banking system, mobile phones and TV broadcasting, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...