Before Daren's actual birthday party, my boi and I went to his place to help out a little bit here and there in the afternoon. I have zero experience in making sushi, hence it was a golden opportunity for me to watch and learn from the pros. Yum, I really feel like making sushi for myself now!!!
Wasabi in every bite of the sushi, scary!
We'll save them for the "辣辣寿司" game later tonight.
We'll save them for the "辣辣寿司" game later tonight.
So tempting the sushi plate :D~
Cucumber sticks, I love ♥
Cynthia has made us "Sambal" as the dipping sauce for the cucumber =)
One big pot of mushrooms. I have phobia of eating this kind of mushrooms, most probably because we had them too much when we first came to Australia.
Tempura Green Beans and Tempura Carrots.
More tempuras on the way...
There were Tempura Prawns, Tempura Mushrooms, Tempura Radish and more.
There were Tempura Prawns, Tempura Mushrooms, Tempura Radish and more.
Two different cupcakes for the birthday boy,
Butter Cupcakes (by Cynthia) and Carrot Cupcakes (by Vera).
Butter Cupcakes (by Cynthia) and Carrot Cupcakes (by Vera).
So colorful ♥
Guys and girls, we gonna have both Japanese and Korean Cuisines tonight.
Please stay tuned for the sake of the mouth-watering food k? =P
Please stay tuned for the sake of the mouth-watering food k? =P











wow! great experience :)
ReplyDeletefood looks really yummy! :D
ReplyDeletep.s. i love sambal, just dunno how to make it frm scratch ><
love, mica
http://babylovebabylove.blogspot.com
Christina,how to make the outer layer of tempura ya?
ReplyDeleteYvon S:
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was really fun!!!
mica:
Hi Mica, I think it's pretty to make sambal belacan if you have a stone mortar at home. All you need is just some fresh chillies, shrimp paste, salt and lime =)
Melodii:
Melodii, you can either buy those ready made tempura batters from Asian groceries or DIY using the ingredients below:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup ice water