Sunday, August 19, 2012

Food Trip to Brisbane: Glamorous Wok and Trang


The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
A new day breaks with a bright sun shining. I couldn't help making a sudden food trip to Brissie (thanks to the beautiful weather) when I was supposed to just stay home and rest myself after a long, tired day of work 'til midnight. Six hours of sleep, sounds brutal, I know, and I really thought I can get by with it but the fact is, I kind of overestimated my body's ability. I felt exhausted as soon as we left Sunnybank with a bag of Japanese Tokyo Pancakes.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
Lunchie at the Glamorous Wok (百家千味) Taiwanese Restaurant in Sunnybank.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
It was so warm in there as if we've walked into a giant baking oven. We sat down to a table and the heat started to move through our bodies, making us sweat a little bit. Mr. Choo ordered the drink I intended to order at first, Longan & Red Date Tea (桂圆红枣茶). I quickly changed my mind after knowing that it's served hot in a teapot.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
My ice-cold Black Plum Juice (乌梅汁) without ice, cool and refreshing.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
The crispy deli Fried Baby Shrimps (酥炸溪虾). I got a small cut on my lower lip because of  the knife-like shrimp heads. I don't blame these poor creatures anyhow, I just blame myself for not being cautious enough when handling their dead bodies =p

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
Two guys talking...

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
Sour & Spicy Pork Intestines (五更腸旺). I did not have this but according to Mr. Choo, the pork smell was just too strong to his liking.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
Grilled Saury Pike Fish (烤秋刀鱼). Bad choice, really! The fishes have way too many bones, blue colored bones, and part of the meat tasted bitter.

The Glamorous Wok Sunnybank
Sizzling Tofu Plate (铁板豆腐). The only dish I enjoyed most that afternoon.

Trang Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant West End
After spending an hour exploring Queenland's largest (Australia's second largest) shopping centre, Westfield Chermside. Frank led us to Trang, a Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant located in West End for dinner.

Trang Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant West End
Fried Quails *two thumbs up* It's more like the Chinese version of salt and pepper stir fry.

Trang Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant West End
Mr. Choo noming on the Vietnamese Prawn and Pork Rice Paper Rolls.

Trang Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant West End
That's mine there ;D

Trang Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant West End
Seafood Clear Noodle Soup. I didn't like it at all *guilty*

P.S. Thanks Frank for the dinner treat and showing us around in Brisbane.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! You get such amazing shots in restaurants, how do you do it? I always feel like everyone is looking at me when I take photos in restaurants haha

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emilie! I guess I just do what I enjoy doing without caring / thinking much about others ;*D


      Delete
    2. sounds like a plan haha my fiance gets so embarrassed when I pull out my dslr in a restaurant

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...