Here comes the full-day guided Stradbroke Island tour which I had been yearning for!!! It was 7 a.m. that morning (around 10 degrees or probably lower) when we walked up to the Roma Street bus stop no.125. Short jeans, bikinis, flip flops... The combination sounded ideal for sunshine and beaches, but certainly not at this time of the year. I nearly got myself frozen to death by the cold wind!
Beside ours, there were several other mini tour buses parking there waiting, like the Mystic Mountain Tour, Winery Eco Tour and such.
Stradbroke Ferries. We had a half an hour toilet break at the Raby Bay Harbour, Cleveland while waiting for the Red Big Cat (name of the ferry) to arrive.
Did my very last minute shopping at the Stradbroke Island View Cafe and managed to pick up a pair of cheap sunnies. How cheap is cheap? Just $14.95 only =p
Definitely no seasick and vomiting on this one.
O-M-G!!! It was freeeeezing cold up there!!!
Upon arrival, we saw a large and long running sand mine along the coastal area. Did you know that the main product of sand mining is one of the active ingredients in sunscreen? Now, I know!
Destination #1: Brown Lake or Lake Bummiera.
Lovely views on the world's second largest sand island.
Lovely views on the world's second largest sand island.
Its true, rich brown color lake water. Amazing isn't it?
FYI, it's a type of acid (known as tannin) exuded from surrounding Paperbark and Ti-tree leaves that turns the color of the perched lake brown.
Message from the Redland Queensland. Bathers only!
- NO washing with soaps or detergents.
- NO littering.
- NO camping.
Mr. Sun been playing hide-and-seek with us throughout the whole trip. One minute he was there and the next he was gone! But still, we felt very grateful that it didn't rain on us.
Random shot. Trees dressed in green and yellow hues.
Spotted a giant ant's nest somewhere.
Some of the general warnings, regulations, and life services information given. Next up, I'll be sharing the beautiful ocean views of the Amity Point. Stay tuned, peeps! =)















Love your outfit! (:
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lianda! ;)
DeleteLooks like a lot of fun! I would love to do a cool day trip to see the sights around our area of Queensland :)
ReplyDeletexo Emilie @ Hungry Delights
Yeah, Emilie. But I don't think now is the right time to go to the beaches. Sight-seeing in winter clothing maybe? Hehe ^^
DeleteAt least it wouldn't be as cold as toowoomba along the coast, I am still getting used to the cold winter temperatures (only my second year in toowoomba)
DeleteAha! I'll never get used to the winters here! xD
Delete