Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar Sunnybank


Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
Ouch, my injured wrist and thumb! I have problem typing on my keyboard now. Basically, I have problems performing my daily tasks (except taking shower) with this gigantic piece of splint wrapped around my wrist and thumb. Poor me, but don't worry, I'm doing absolutely alright apart from that. It's just a matter of time until I fully recovered and live like a normal person again =p

Can you guess what I had the most throughout my entire pre-birthday trip in Brissie? Japanese!!! We had three Japanese cuisines in a row within just two days!!! Hahahaa, that's how much I love Japanese food. We finally came to Menya Mappen for a little foodie expedition. We thought of trying it out last time when we were here for Hakataya Ramen.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
Its menu offers a very limited range of Japanese rice and noodle dishes, your choice of udon or soba noodles. We ordered and picked up our meals at the entrance, moved on to self-serve bar before making payment to the cashier.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
For self-serve bar, you may "spice up" your own dish by adding some toppings. Prawn tempura, fish cake tempura, sausage tempura, takoyaki, chicken karaage... Prices are listed under each individual item.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
The interior. It gave us the feel of eating in a narrow alley with posters and lanterns hanging around.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
My Tempura Bowl - $6.90 with crispy crunchy tempura prawns and veggies which were a bit too oily for me.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
Excessive fried food upsets my stomach, awfully =(

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
Mentaiko Bukkake - $4.90 for Mr. Choo. He chose soba noodles, served with marinated Alaska pollock roe and seaweed shreds. The tempura flakes are additional, free to get as much as you want from the self-serve bar.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
He didn't like it as the curry flavored paste was really sticky even after blending it with the noodles.

Pre-Birthday Trip: Menya Mappen Noodle Bar
We were not impressed, frankly speaking. But I wouldn't mind either, visiting a fast food-like Japanese restaurant once in a while for the sake of its cheap and averagely good meals.

Menya Mappen Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...