Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bangkok Trip: Chao Phraya Floating Market


Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Hey, hey! How's everyone been doing? I don't feel very good still. Been down with food poisoning since Monday. Vomiting, headache, nausea, diarrhea, fever, stomach cramp...

I AM SO GLAD I SURVIVED!!!

Apart from visiting palm sugar factory and orchid farm, our day 3's itinerary also consists of a trip to Chao Phraya Floating Market. It's a bit remote from the Bangkok city to my surprise, approximately two hours or more by car. Transportation fees, both land and water were all included in the day tour package, except meals. Why need it when food is just at the reach of our hands?

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
All abroad! It could be terrifying riding a motored sampan without life jackets. Well, to me at least as I'm not a good swimmer myself. I got slightly anxious whenever our boat made a turn. I over worried, apparently. Our "captain" was a skillful one and he brought us safe to the destination.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Reaching after 20 minutes of boat ride. Wow, just look at the massive traffic and crowd!

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
The first thing I did was to go on a little food expedition.
Yum!!! Guess what? It was the most delicious clear noodle soup I ever tasted!!!

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Thanks to this lovely granny next to me =)

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Ladles with extra long handles were used to make cooking on the sampan more enjoyable.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
You may also shop for souvenirs and local specialties around here.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Or just sit back, relax and enjoy the river view.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
The other side of the river. Aww, it concerns me really, thinking how much rubbish being dumped into the river everyday and how polluted the water is. It's amazing they're still using the water for laundry purpose and others (hopefully not food), despite the fact that there are floating toilets which conveniently dispose everything into the river.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Gotta blame my brother-in-law for cutting out two third of my sister's body. Hahaha xD

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Where your meals are freshly cooked on sampans and served on the tables. My sis had a Spicy & Sour Noodle Soup for 50 baht, meanwhile, I had a Crab Meat Pad Thai for 150 baht.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
One of the floating kitchens.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Some sort of crepes with no-idea-what on them. LOL.

Chao Phraya Floating Market Thailand
Umm, crispy and sweet. Wish it wasn't that creamy, less of the white paste would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...