Friday, December 13, 2013

Gala House Restaurant & Cafe: Girls Gathering


Gala House is one of the latest addition on Muntri Street downtown. On a not-so-busy Wednesday evening, we came with a bunch of girls, they're my sister's girlfriends, technically. With the intention to celebrate one of the girl's birthday. Eating, chit-chatting and exchanging lame jokes. LOL. It was fun indeed although I couldn't quite catch-up.

We walked in to be seated on this table outside the cafe, it was drizzling a bit and the acoustic duet version of Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" was forever looping in the background. Grrrrrr, I guess they really do love that song A LOT. *pulls hair*

We later requested to move to a warmer spot after placing our order. I mean, I wouldn't mind sitting outside if it was warm and breezy but definitely not when it's chilly and rainy. Furthermore, it has better lighting and dining ambiance inside. Friendly staffs, and lovely presentation and plating are also a plus.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
Silly selfie of myself. Too shy to pose in front of my sis's friends *blushes*

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
3 versus 3. Three wear glasses, three don't. 1, 2...
Yes, I'm the third one in case you never paid attention =p

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
The Volkswagen's drinks bar. Cute!

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
 Worn and damaged look of its interior.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
Little drinking area along the corridor, next to the stairway. Washrooms are just behind that red door. I left a friendly tip on Foursquare saying no mirror and no toilet papers provided in their washrooms. Hehe, me being a girl.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
Hot Chocolate - RM10. Not too sweet, I liked it.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#1. Wild Mushroom Soup - RM11.50. 

Thick and mushroomy (don't think this word existed but you get what I mean) with all the earthy flavors intact. We ordered three to share.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#2. Prawn Caesar Salad - RM16.80.

The prawns were grilled to perfection (moisture, plump and succulent) and complimented with a bed of fresh garden salad.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#3. Kimchi Salmon Spaghetti - RM24.

A Korean-Italian fusion pasta. *two thumbs up* The kimchi scent and flavor were so mild that you wouldn't even notice its existence.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#4. Herb-Roasted Chicken - RM25.90. 

The chicken was badly burnt on the outside, adding a taste of bitterness to the not-so-tender meat which I did not enjoy at all.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
# Chicken Martini - RM20.90.

Just like the previous dish, the chicken breast was fried to burnt, topped with melted mozzarella cheese and a mixture of tomato puree and martini sauce.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#6. Lamb Osso Bucco aka the giant lamb shank - RM38.

I don't usually eat lamb. In fact, my appetite turns off by just smelling it. But this one here was an exception. I had a spoon full of it and the mashed potato underneath, they were lamb smell free!

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
#7. Salmon Brochettes - RM28.90.

Slightly overcooked otherwise not-too-bad salmon fillet.

Gala House Italian Restaurant Georgetown Penang
Spot my glasses on the table now? Argh, when do I have the courage for LASIK?!!
I'm sick of wearing glasses or contact lenses already.

ANYWAYS, ENJOY YOUR FRIDAY AND HAPPY WEEKEND!!! #TGIF ♥

2 comments:

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...