Tirta Empul Temple, better known as Pura Tirta Empul by the locals was built in 962 A.D. during the Warmadewa dynasty. Which was more than a thousand years ago, if you do the math. It's surprisingly well-maintained for a sacred place that old. Even more shocking to learn the fact that an enormous 80 percent of Balinese are Hindus, intensely religious Hindus.
Done purchasing our 30,000 rupiah entrance ticket. Are you ready for a Hindu temple tour in Bali? I'm pretty sure you are. Come with me =D
We were requested to put on a "sarung" at the entrance in exchange for some cash donations.
The purifying pool with holy water.
I came here only to realize later that different genders go into different sides of the pool. I was at the wrong one, obviously. *bitter smile*
Adorable-looking roof of the temple made of the fibre of chromatic black palm tree.
The natural spring fed pool that is closed from public access.
I was so relieved that sleeveless tops are allowed, much more lenient than those temples in Bangkok. #badhairday
A little dragonfly I found hiding in the plants. Very cute big eyes it has.
Statues surrounding the temple.
No coins are to be thrown into this Koi fish pond, thank you.
Want some pomeloes? Just kidding! They aren't really what I thought they were. These are actually the fruits of a flowering plant named calabash tree (thank one of my kindest readers for the info).












No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear readers,
Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)
xoxo,
Christina