Friday, July 31, 2015

Exploring Macau: Ou Mun Cafe and A-Ma Temple


Another month passed by, another post I write... Hey, wait a minute, it's been way beyond one month! Folks (sounding like my director *clear throat*), I promise to try my very best to come up with at least one post every fortnight as a commitment to myself, if time and my brain permit of course. Fingers crossed.

There were big and small trips in between since my visit to Macau and Hong Kong until now. I hope to conclude this one very soon so I may start writing about my next family trip to Sekinchan.

Out of the two mornings spent in Macau, Ou Mun Cafe (澳门咖啡) with a taste of portugal was the first we visited for breakfast. Click here for its Google Maps coordinates.

澳门咖啡 (Ou Mun Cafe): A Taste of Portugal
12 Tv. de São Domingos is where the cafe located.
I totally understand you, neither am I don't read Portuguese =(

Ou Mun Cafe 澳门咖啡
The cozy ambiance. Food and service were just okay to me.

澳门咖啡 (Ou Mun Cafe): A Taste of Portugal
Some kind of Portuguese sausage with salad. Ummm, black olives I adore ♥

澳门咖啡 (Ou Mun Cafe): A Taste of Portugal
Big Breakfast with not-so-sunshine egg, toast, grilled bacon, tomato and potato. We could have gone for something more Portuguese on the menu. This was just like the average big breakfast? 

澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má)
Enjoying my ice cold red bean popsicle on a trishaw. The sun was getting warm as the day went on.

澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má)
Entrance to 澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má) aka A-Ma Temple.
One of the oldest Taoist temples on the southwest tip of the Macau Peninsula.

澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má)
Basin, basin on the table... Who's that cutie rubbing your handles? xD

They believe to bring you good fortune and blessings if you are able to "create" ripples on the water when rubbing both of your hands against the copper basin. I did it! =P

澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má)
The inner compound.

澳门妈祖阁 (Templo de A-Má)
百年夫妻树 literally means "hundred years spouse tree".
Those red cards are prayers and wishes from the believers.

Random Church in Macau
One of the few churches around with very similar building structures and design.

Random Church in Macau
Would appreciate if someone could name me this church here =)

Random Church in Macau
Passing by another one...

http://christinayy.blogspot.com/
It's a lovely heritage area to explore by foot.

Streets in Macau
Streets are clean, could barely see any litter when passing through.

Random Street in Macau
Drivers are very friendly too that they would stop for you to cross the road.

Street of Macau
Not so far from where we stay. We were up for food hunting again.

Late Lunch in Macau
Found this little cafe which serves fusion Japanese food. We just popped straight in and ordered some dishes to try. And they came in freaking HUGE portion!!!!!!

Late Lunch in Macau
Look at these overly too much seafood swimming in that bowl of seafood noodle soup!!!

四海美食 (DJ Kitchen)
Something like pan fried vermicelli with prawns and gravy on top. There were more than 10 prawns I counted. Enough to feed me lunch, dinner and supper. LOL.

Late Lunch in Macau
Cheesed baked rice with prawns. Wow, it must be prawn season that time. 

Alright, there goes my dinner and rest time. Well sacrificed to pleasure your eyes. 
Happy Weekends, folks!-XOXO-

1 comment:

  1. Hurry! It is best place for eating cheap and quality full food in Downey.
    Breakfast Restaurants

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...