Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bali in June: Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach


Having to have to wake up at 2 a.m in the morning was a little ruthless to our bodies that day. We barely rested enough with just a few hours of sleep. I had 3 and a half. Crashed like a pig after washing up and blow drying my hair.

Around 2.30 a.m, our tour guide came to pick us up from Villa Mimpi Manis. Everyone was looking so beat up including the driver (our tour guide), "Kicap" who drove us through two hours of steep and winding mountain roads covered in thick fog. A round of applause to the pro F1 racer and myself for still being alive. It's a celebration! Haha. Tthe drifts could have swallowed us whole, you know.

Okay guys, you'll be surprised by our adventurous ride of the day...

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
Tada, it was a freaking wooden canoe!!! LOL. Bali never stop impressing me really. Thank God we didn't have to do the paddling xD

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
Breaking dawn. Departure time was 5 plus, the earliest amongst all.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
We were each assigned to sit on a rectangular piece of board like a swing seat. It was HARD trying not to doze off and fall into the deep blue ocean. Good balancing skill is very much needed at this point.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
"Egg yolk" above the horizon.  

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
While the moon was on the opposite side of the sky.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
Hour and hour passed by, there was still no sign or trace of dolphins anywhere in the ocean. Anxious began to fill the air as everyone got sleepier and excessive heat from the morning sun.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
"Dolphin, dolphin...!!!", I heard one of my friends shouted. Swiftly, I turned my head around and yes, two friendly dolphins finally showed up not far away from where we were! 

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
The best shot I could get. The loud boat engines did scare them off a little I guess, seeing so many boats rushing to the same direction every time they sense the trail of dolphins. I would have ran away too.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
Saying bye bye to us ='(

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
It all happened so quick, in just a matter of minutes before we made our way back to the shore. Wandered more than three hours in the ocean, not easy.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
The crystal clear water underneath. We saw two snorkelers. 

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
The ultimate survivor! *clap clap* Thanks Jac for her jacket. Saved me from freezing cold to death. Notice the dark sandy beach I laid my feet on.

Dolphin Watching Tour at Lovina Beach
What now? Breakfast at the Mandhara Chico! The zombies are craving to feed!!!

Overall, the dolphin watching experience was divine. We had the perfect weather and scenic views to pleasure our eyes although the main attraction - dolphins were not as welcoming as they usually are that day. Food wise, I find it difficult to accept the bland taste. The taste of their local soy sauce was a bit weird to me as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love the 'egg yolk' & moon pixz. How nice if could swim with the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks *^.^* Yeah, I wish they were more too!

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...