Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sunday Hike: Youth Park to Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera)


Hiking Penang Hill
The last time I hiked up to Penang Hill was almost a decade ago, when I was hmm *clears throat* like a flower in bloom. I still am, alright? After all these years =p

As a casual jogger who hasn't jogged in a long while, I did not intend to go full force or try to accomplish anything at all. It was wholly about having a good sweat and friendship bonding with my fellow friends on a lovely Sunday morning.

Breakfast is important. A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day. Our master plan, therefore, was to have a quick fix at Sunrise McDonald's prior heading to the departure point in Youth Park. I got no appetite really, with just 4 hours of sleep on the night before.

Hiking Penang Hill
From Youth Park parking lot  → Station 3  → Station 5  → Gate 84  → Top of Penang Hill. We avoided tar road and it took us 3 hours to hike about 6.5 km (not sure if that's the exact length though). Ain't easy I'm telling ya. Kudos to everyone for their big effort and thank you guys so, so much for everything. 

Hiking Penang Hill
A little history of Moniot Road. Beware of downhill mountain bikers on this route.

Hiking Penang Hill
#Selfie. Me looking pale like everyone else in the picture. The gradient is STEEP and those staircases were seriously killing our feet!

Hiking Penang Hill
But we survived the jungle trail and eventually made it to the top! Y-A-Y! See how thick the haze was.

Hiking Penang Hill
Taking a good rest at the Cliff Cafe.

Hiking Penang Hill
We were exhausted, dehydrated and very thirsty. 100 Plus was pretty much the one and only thing that came into my mind that time. My source of energy xD

Hiking Penang Hill
Sri Aruloli Thirumurugan Temple.

Hiking Penang Hill
We walked around a bit later on to check out what's new and happening.

Hiking Penang Hill
So many more padlocks are chained to here since my last visit with dad in February.

Hiking Penang Hill
Enough with the gold and silver padlocks. Where did all the cute and colorful ones go?! -______-"

Hiking Penang HillGotta love my 80's hat which I left in my friend's car and not noticed until today *facepalm*

Hiking Penang Hill
L.O.V.E  ♥ 

Hiking Penang Hill
I don't look like a school girl, do I? Hehe.

Hiking Penang Hill
Some odd fruits we stumbled upon. Any idea what they are?

Hiking Penang Hill
In the funicular train down the hill. No more walking for the rest of the day >__<

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christina! that's passion fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for letting me know =)

      Amazing! I had absolutely no idea how a passion fruit tree / vine look like until today. Hehe, silly me.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome.... and the tree that have fruits that look like bigger pomelos was a calabash tree ">*-*<" [the one you have pix on your Tirta Empul Tour]

      Delete
    3. Wow!!! Do you happen to study about plants or something? Thanks very much for the info =)

      Delete
    4. Nope! but happen to live in a place with lots of such trees/vines.Btw, keep up ur work. I enjoy reading your blogs(big time!!!) especially on your tours and about the "LAND DOWN UNDER.",)

      Delete
    5. Aww, thanks for your support! I'm so motivated to write up my next post now xD

      Are you a Malaysian as well?

      Delete
    6. nah! but i have been to KL Malaysia...like the place... but haven't visited nearby places/countryside. kudos!!!

      Delete
    7. Owh, come visit Penang next time! =)

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...