Saturday, January 18, 2014

On Ramen Haymarket and Ichi-ban Boshi Bondi Junction


Been actively blogging these few days. Yeah, I'm trying my best to write as much while the memory is still fresh in my mind, and before the photos start piling up on my hard drive.

When I was in Malaysia, I tend to skip breakfast to have brunch instead in the afternoon. It's a bad habit, I know, but I just couldn't help sleeping late at night and waking up late the next morning. I was struggling... Blame my sleeping disorder.

Miraculously, I sort of getting back into the habit of having breakfast again since I came back to Australia. I would say it's the environment and weather which affect me. Our room has plenty of sunlight, specially now in the summer when days are longer than nights. It wakes me up early every morning like an alarm clock without fail.

For breakfast, I've been making toast and fruits (bananas / strawberries / blueberries / mangoes) and vanilla yogurt for myself after workout. Sounds healthy huh?

There are times we cook lunch or dinner at home, grilled chicken, barramundi, salmon, banana prawns, pork belly and oven-baked veggies like sweet corns, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes with olive oil and herbs. But there are also times we enjoy dining out in the local restaurants. Well, most times actually. Below are just two out of the many we visited in a week.

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
Lunch at On Ramen Haymarket prior heading down to Darling Harbor. Awkward pose.

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
Maneki Neko, the Japanese fortunate cat.
It's often displayed at the entrance of shops or restaurants to bring good luck to the owners.

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
Slurrrrrrrrrrrrp!!! Excuse me, hehe.
I was mad hungry and that gigantic bowl of Tenderous Ribs Ramen simply took my breath away!!!

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
Springy ramen noodles swim in a thick, rich and luscious tonkotsu broth with chunks of tender and flavorful pork ribs, soft boiled egg and an array of garnishes. Highly recommended!

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
First selfie with Mr. Choo in a long, long time.

On Ramen Central Square, Sydney
Mr. Choo's Tenderous Rib Ramen Meal served with side salad, takoyaki, sausage, and raw salmon. Very generously portioned and tasty if not a tad on the salty side.

On Ramen on Urbanspoon

Westfields Bondi Junction
Strolling on the streets of Bondi Junction. I can spend days or weeks shopping around this area.

Ichi-ban Boshi (一番星) Bondi Junction

Ichi-ban Boshi (一番星) Bondi Junction
My Curry Tonkatsu Don - $11.50. The portion was large enough to feed two.

Ichi-ban Boshi (一番星) Bondi Junction
Sanratanmen - $12.90. OH MY GAWD!!! THIS IS ENORMOUSLY HUGE!!!
It tasted a bit like Chinese hot and sour soup amusingly.

Ichi-ban Boshi (一番星) Bondi Junction
Mr. Choo managed to finish it all by himself and half of my rice too *baffled*

Ichi-ban Boshi on Urbanspoon

Bondi Junction Sydney
On our way to Bondi Beach
Alright, it's almost dinner time here. Will catch yas soon. Happy Weekends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...