Monday, August 5, 2013

Touring Around Ipoh


Back from holiday, back to reality. Our 3D2N trip to Tioman Island was indeed very fun and relaxing. Gosh, I already miss it so, so much!!! But I'm gonna have to repress and suppress my emotions and feelings right now, before I'm able to write about this road trip with my family.

A week ago, I visited few of the major towns in Perak with mum. Taiping, Ipoh, Kuala Kangsar and several other small ones. Despite the tiring long drive, I was rewarded with absolutely delish meals and breath-taking discoveries around the state I grew up in.

Kuala Sepetang: Kang Kao Seafood Restaurant (十八丁港口海鲜楼)
Day 1, dinner at Kang Kao Seafood Restaurant (十八丁港口海鲜楼) in Kuala Sepetang.

Kuala Sepetang: Kang Kao Seafood Restaurant (十八丁港口海鲜楼)
This port offers more than just mesmerizing landscape but delicious freshly cooked food as well. I'm talking about live seafood!!!

Kuala Sepetang: Kang Kao Seafood Restaurant (十八丁港口海鲜楼)
Mom ordered a Teochew-style steamed whole fish, crispy crunchy fried fishes (no idea what were they called), salted egg yolk mud crabs (I need a break from all the salted egg yolk dishes I had these few days), and stir-fry assorted beans with sambal.

Lost World of Tambun
Day 2, we made a quick stop at the Lost World of Tambun, a new theme park built amidst natural hot springs. Well, it is excitingly new to someone who only came back 4 times within 6 years abroad. So guys, if you're planning to go there in these two or three weeks, do count me in, thanks.

Lost World of Tambun
Main entrance. For days, the area was covered in haze.

Lost World of Tambun
With mum. I inherited her height. Not too short, yet not very tall =x

Sun Kong Restaurant (新江酒楼) Lenggong
Day 2's dinner at Sun Kong Restaurant (新江酒楼) Lenggong. Cheap and tasty.

Perak Royal Museum, Kuala Kangsar
Some places we visited in the afternoon. Perak Royal Museum, Kuala Kangsar. The building was closed. No chance to get in, unfortunately.

Masjid Ubudiah: Perak's Royal Mosque, Kuala Kangsar
Masjid Ubudiah aka Perak's Royal Mosque. Like the museum, both of buildings are just walking-distance away from Istana Iskandariah.

P.S. Feel free to catch me for a coffee, movie, shopping or whatever while I'm still in Penang =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...