Monday, July 29, 2013

Ipoh Kellie's Castle / Kellie's Folly


Why is it always so muggy in Ipoh? It was stifling HOT, HOT, HOT that afternoon when we visited Kellie's Castle near Batu Gajah. My sis has been here before, that explains how I got to know about this tourist attraction and the reason why I was there.

For your viewing pleasure, vertical images have grown a little bit bigger today. Any thoughts? I intend to do the same to my future posts. It's just a teenie-weenie bit more scrolling, if you must criticize =___=

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Kellie's Castle, sometimes also being referred as Kellie's Folly. #Trivia The William Kellie Smith's building was used as a setting in the 1999 film, Anna and the King.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
The architectures.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Living room and bar lounge recreated with 60-70% similarity to the time when Smith was alive.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Sisterhood. Thanks my brother-in-law for the shot.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
The corridor.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Uniquely constructed with a touch of Moorish and Indo-Saracenic influence.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Pardon me for having my sunnies on the whole time. 
I wouldn't wanna scare you off with my swollen right eye =p

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
The incomplete rear section.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Spiral staircase led to a secret room.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
Looking hideous covered in sweats.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
The horse staple.

Ipoh Kellie's Castle
My touristy pose *teehee* Goodbye, Kellie's Castle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...