Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dinner at the Gladstone Hotel


Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
I looked remarkably refreshed that day after a long night's sleep. Slept in until *gasp* 11 in the morning. I earned it, I earned it well. Hahahaa! I spent my off day not doing much in the afternoon, no shopping no nothing, just routine housekeeping.

About tea time, I saw this status posted by Gladstone Hotel on the Facebook saying, "Public Holiday Surcharge? Ain't nobody got time for that!!!" *LOL* I somehow managed to convince Mr. Choo and myself to give it a go even though we've always had the impression that it's a very crowded pub with loud music and drunkards at night.

We walked into the restaurant without booking and the atmosphere was completely the other way around. Surprise, surprise! There were no more than 5 people drinking in the bar (perhaps it was still early) with soft music playing on the background. Ideally seemed like a great place to enjoy a dinner date together before heading to watch G.I. Joe: Retaliation (3D) in the cinema.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
The cocktail lounge / bar, very colorful.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
We sat there, ordered a beer on tap (Hahn Premium Light), for the cameraman of course, while waiting for the kitchen to open.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
Someone actually thought I was silly enough to believe that he had an extra slice of lime in his so-called "cold water". I knew it was a Gin and Tonic, alright?!!!

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
Annoyed. But good news is, we didn't have to wait long for the kitchen to cook up our meals.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
For myself, Fried Calamari Tower with Greek Salad - $15.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
I was very much amazed, to be honest, when the meals brought to our table. Beautifully presented in generous portions, more like fine dining than a typical hotel restaurant. Tasty fried calamari rings (crispy on the outside, soft on the inside) were nicely complemented by a bed of fresh salad greens. Loved it!!!

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
For Mr. Choo, Rump Steak with Mashed Potato, Steamed Baby Broccoli and Tomato - $25.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba

Everything on the plate was almost flawless (still has some space for improvement for the flavor of the steak). He enjoyed the mashed potato the most.

Dinner at Gladstone Hotel Toowoomba
My oh my, could the food be any less filling?! I was bloated =p
Absolutely definitely worth for the money we paid for.

Gladstone Hotel on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Ohh good to hear.. I also had the initial impression of the gladstone... looked like a crowded pub and I didn't think the meals would be impressive. I will have to try it soon :)
    xo Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, yep =D We're so looking forward to trying out more of their dishes. Hopefully the food quality is consistent enough.

      Delete
  2. I also love the beer "Hahn Premium Light". Congratulations for your great choice of beer. And I find the meals quite impressive. I can't wait to try it soon. Thanks for sharing your ideas, it was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Do you happen to live in Toowoomba as well?

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...