Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sudden Trip to Brisbane: Sunnybank and Chinatown


Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
We were shopping in Grand Central yesterday when J.C whatsapp-ed me asking us to join him dinner in Brissie. I demanded a little afternoon treat before dinner as I was in desperate of something sweet like "tong sui" to keep me happy these few days. He suggested Just Soy Cafe (福泉豆花美食), the sweet dessert shop he mentioned to me last time when we were in Sunnybank. It was drizzling along the way down, no heavy rain, and we felt very much thankful for that.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Front: Egg Pudding with Soy Custard (鸡蛋布丁+豆腐花) for myself.
Back: Caramel Pudding with Soy Custard (焦糖布丁+豆腐花) for Mr. Choo.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
I loved mine as it satisfied me with just about the right dose of sweetness in it, while Mr. Choo said his was too sweet. Tofu was soft, smooth and silky that melts in your mouth. In addition to its specialty soy custard, we intended to try out the tea-infused egg (茶叶蛋) which we later found out not available that afternoon.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
J.C was supposed to have the same dessert Mr. Choo had, but he ended up getting a Matcha Frappe with Caramel Pudding and kept quiet (I know he hated it, LOL). Can't blame him for getting too attracted by those girls at the front counter =p

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
The front counter. Boxes of disposable plastic and paper wares are everywhere.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Here's the address: Shop 1, Pacific Centre, 8 Lear St, Sunnybank Hills, QLD 4109, in case you wish to drop by on a hot summer day for some ice cold sweet desserts.

Just Soy Cafe on Urbanspoon

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
After desserts, we drove to Southbank, waited there an hour and so at the Maxx Brenner to pick up J.C's girl friend. I was mad hungry that time. Actually, I have been feeling like this since the last couple of days for some reasons. We walked from Nonbei Sake Bar & BBQ to Wagaya (both fully booked out), then had a peek at Chingu's menus (not impressed) and eventually went for Superbowl Chinese Restaurant (别不同), next to Happy Chef BBQ Chinese & Vietnamese Restaurant (百喜烧腊菜馆).

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
My opinion? Fairly priced for its smaller-than-usual portions. Taste wise was just average.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Oil-Soaking Sesame Prawn Toast - $6.00.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Salt & Pepper Calamari -$16.80. Some was overly salty, some was okay.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Crackling Roast Pork - $13.80. It's a shame that the lean meat part was just too dry and hard to chew. Little Hong Kong has so much more to offer, honestly speaking.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Sichuan / Fish-Fragrant Eggplant - $15.80. The most well-cooked dish of the night, in spite of being too oily.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Fried Oyster Omelet -$16.80. Salt overkill!!! The lady boss came asking if everything on the table was alright after we finished our meals. We said to her straight about what we thought, she then brought us some oranges to "harmonize" the excess saltiness in our mouths, that was very kind of her.

Sunnybank and Chinatown Brisbane
Eek, it's Monday tomorrow guys!!! Hope you and I have a nice week ahead (* -_・)
Everything will be alright and you'll get through it, Christina. Stay strong.

Superbowl Chinese Restaurant & Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I hate it when I have a disappointing meal! You are right! Weekend is over too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a new week just commenced, and I'm very much looking forward to enjoying the weekend already =x

      Delete
  2. This post is making me drool, even though it may have been too oily/salty etc the photos certainly make them look delicious.

    PS: I would like to invite you to enter the inHomewares giveaway at my blog. Enter for your chance to win $50 voucher! http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/11/inhomewares-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess food that looks good does not necessary taste good? xD

      Btw, thanks for the invitation again *hugs*

      Delete
  3. I've been to the Just Soy Cafe! In fact, I'm like a 15 min walk from that place, and frequently pass by to catch the bus. Interesting to see how a place I usually pay little attention to ends up being discussed on the internet (with photos). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah :-) How you like those soy puddings? Is there any other nice restaurants in your neighborhood or those that you know of? Feel free to share with me as I'm dying to try them out, thanks!

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...