Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Long Weekend Getaway: Seafood and Chocolate Overdosed


Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
These few days, I have so many things going on in my mind (good and bad) that I wanted to share with you, but as soon as I got home and turned on my lappie, I just no longer feel like doing it somehow. I know, I change my mind like I change clothes *smirk*

We came to Max Brenner Broadbeach for high tea last Sunday. I was still quite full to be honest after having some Malaysian food for lunch in the Sunnybank. However, Mr. Choo insisted we should get ourselves a drink and waffle for two, apart from the chocolate souffle which I've been drooling over.

Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
Real true thick and creamy Italian Thick Dark Chocolate in hug mug.

Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
Specially designed for the hot chocolate drinking ceremony.

Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
Tutti-Fruitti Waffle for Two. I didn't quite enjoy its hard and crispy Belgian waffles (I like the soft ones better), as they were unlikely to taste a little too sweet for me.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
With Mr. Choo in matching white.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
What's he peeping at? Scroll down and see for yourself...

Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
Tada~ It's Max's signature Chocolate Soufflé, to die for ♥

Max Brenner Broadbeach Gold Coast
Apparently, I took more of his pictures than myself that day since I was not liking my overly "mature" look at all.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
For dinner, Mr. Choo thought about taking me to Bazaar for seafood buffet, but I turned him down saying that we should just go somewhere else for dinner, to a more affordable seafood restaurant perhaps. My small appetite is easy to be fed, really ;p

We searched through every corner of the streets and finally decided to drop in this Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant (吉隆坡海鲜餐厅) for some live seafood. Mud crabs, lobsters and abalones are no doubt out of our league, so we ordered a steamed fish and seafood claypot to go with the jasmine rice instead.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
With just average food and bad service, I seriously doubt our whole dining experience worth the high price we paid for. Unfriendly and pushy wait staff (the old lady particularly) plus lack of food presentation.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
Asam Steamed Whole Silver Perch - $68.

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant Gold Coast
Seafood and Tofu Claypot - 29.80.

Alrighty, my sleepiness is starting to kick in... Good night, peeps! Not looking forward to yet another big day tomorrow *off to bed*

Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Wow - everything looks really delicious! I am going to take my sister to Max Brenner when she comes to visit next week - she is a chocoholic so I think she will LOVE it!
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed!!! I'm sure she would love them very much... Which franchise do you plan to take her to? The one in Southbank or Broadbeach? If you were to take her to Southbank, make sure to get there as early as possible. It's always so packed around late afternoon and night, minimum 30 to 45 minutes waiting time =s

      Delete
    2. We went to the Robina one (that shopping center is sooo big!) - I just did a post on my blog about it. I had the souffle too! It was so nice but way too much chocolate for me to handle. So glad I found your blog because it is nice to get recommendations and ideas for places to visit <3

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...