Saturday, June 23, 2012

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers


Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
I have prepared something special for dinner tonight. It's one of the most popular street food of Malaysia, satay!!! *grin* There is a variety of satay made from lamb, beef, pork... and chicken satay is what was on my mind today. We hardly come by any Malaysian-style satay in this small town we're living in, most of them are Thai with rather sweet taste. For that reason, I spent almost two hours busying myself in the kitchen, just for you, Mr. Choo!

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
The secret recipe shared by my Malaysian friend some time ago. She's a real cooking guru. I used seasonings like onion, ginger, turmeric powder, Tamarin, minced garlic, lemon grass, and a little bit of salt and sugar to marinated the chicken thighs which I cut into cube-sized pieces beforehand.

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
Mr. Choo giving me a hand to thread the marinated chicken onto bamboo skewers.

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
While I was busy pan frying the Bitter Melon Omelet.

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
It's quite a simple dish actually, but you gotta make sure the omelet is fried crispy (with a slight of golden brown) yet not burnt on the both sides. In the meantime, try to keep the omelet together when you flip it over onto the pan and plate when serving.

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
Tada! Half of the Chicken Satay Skewers were done =)

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
15 skewers all together. I've used 4 pieces of skin-off chicken thighs here.

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
Batch #1, grilling in progress... Make sure they are well cooked!

Homemade Malaysian-Style Chicken Satay Skewers
Yum~ They tasted absolutely wonderful even without the dipping sauce :*D

P.S. 祝大家端午节快乐! Happy Dragon Boat Festival to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sure thing, Melissa. But I'll have to do some digging first =3

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...