Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recovering and Getting There...


Recovering
I actually looked and felt a lot better after being sick for more than a week now. Healthy is good! At least I have the mood and energy to study for my coming IELTS test, like I did this morning. My first attempt achieved 7.0 overall band score, not proud considering what I needed was band 7.0 for each four components. This time around, I'm well prepared with lots of reading, studying, and fingers crossed my efforts pay off and I'll be blessed fruitfully.

1 Day Acuvue Soft Lens
I received a parcel from my sister today and guess what? It came in a "Tau Sar Piah" box but, why, why, why?! There are so many boxes out there, why on earth did she choose to wrap them in a Tau Sar Piah box?!!! My heart was so tempted that for a moment there, I really hoped to see Tau Sar Piah instead of contact lenses, seriously!!! Grrr >.<"

Swarvoski Crystalline Lady Ballpoint Pen with White Star
One of my most favorite birthday gifts so far, Swarovski Crystalline Lady Ballpoint Pen. It's in white color and has this little sparkling star attaching to it. Mad love ❤

D&G Semi-frame Glasses
Finally, my first pair of designer glasses!!! D&G, black, and semi-framed. Yay or nay? The frame itself is relatively heavy compared to the Burberry's I liked earlier on. I was text-ed to pick them up few days ago, had a try on them happily but turned out me seeing double vision. So I thought maybe it takes time for my eyes to get use to the new lenses (with the exact same prescription as my current one? I was filled with doubts and curiosity too) and eventually I agreed to give them a shot for a couple of days. 

I got headache even just wearing them for a short while. In the end, I figured that it was the lens problem and decided to bring my glasses back to fix. Honestly, I think the salesperson did not serve or handled my case professional enough. Remembering the facts that she was not bothered to check if my both eyes were really focusing on the right dots, or the nose pads were sitting comfortably on my nose and so on since the very beginning.

Another funny thing is that when we were asked to pick the lens thickness, we specifically told her to go for the thinnest and she nodded with a yes. However, on the same day we went back to get the glasses fixed, I complaint about them being slightly heavier than I expected, and guess what she said? "You may go for the thinnest with just an extra $170 ++". I couldn't help but felt cheated when we already paid $380 for the so-called thinnest lens. Sorry mam, no more extra payment and I'm expecting a full refund (as she promised) if I still don't find the glasses comfortable by the time I get them back.

Still Sick
I'm so madly in love with this LINE camera app on iPhone, been practicing a lot with it lately. Moon and Cony are my darlings and I simply love all those cute stamps they got in there! Btw, this is my pale face when I was sicker.

Beautiful Autumn: Maple Trees
Heavenly beautiful scene in Autumn. Maple leaves falling everywhere on the streets...

Yumcha on Sunday
Mr. Choo got irritated by my constant nag of having either porridge or utterly tasteless, sick people's food for almost a week already. He helplessly surrendered and took me out for some dim sums with steamed rice the other day. Weird huh? I'm a rice person who nags like every other girlfriends, what can I do ;p

4 comments:

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...