Saturday, February 11, 2012

Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅


Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅
I've been spending a bunch of time in the kitchen lately, did a lot of cooking like Char Hor Fun, Bak Kut Teh, Sweet Potato Soup, Red Curry Prawns, yada yada yada, and the most recently, which was just this afternoon, I made Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings (脆皮南乳鸡翅). Lucky you cause I'll be sharing the secret little recipe in my post today (◠◡◠)

Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅
To marinate a dozen of whole chicken wings (weight approximately 1.3 kilo), I used 4 cubes of red fermented beancurd, 1 tablespoon of the red fermented beancurd juice / gravy, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and some salt and sugar to taste.

Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅
The chicken wings must first be cleaned, washed and dried prior to marination. Mix all the seasonings, then gradually "massage" them into the chicken wings and set aside for at least half an hour. In my case, I just left them overnight in the fridge, properly sealed / covered.

Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅
The next day, before deep frying, I dipped the chicken wings in beaten egg (one by one), and evenly coated each with a thin layer of plain flour. To add more crispy and crunchiness, you may toss in a small pinch of salt into the boiling hot oil, like I did.

Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings 脆皮南乳鸡翅
Tada~ The mouth-watering Deep Fried Red Fermented Beancurd Chicken Wings are ready to be served!!! Now, who wants to have a bite? =D~

2 comments:

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...