Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner at Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant


Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Tonight is one of those nights that I feel like doing nothing at all, especially not cooking. We had a big day at work yesterday, so I guess a fairly decent dinner in a local restaurant was probably what we deserve best at this point in time.

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Guess what? My BB surprised me with a red tulip, aww...

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
I wish, but he's just not that romantic kinda guy ;p

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Tie Guan Yin, which is also known as Iron Buddha. $2.90 per person.

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Yiu ng yiu yum cha ar? Literally means, "Wanna have some tea?"

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
The owner of the restaurant (I hope I'm right) approached us asking if this was our second visit to the restaurant. We nodded our heads and said, "Yeah." He then continued saying that he had seen the earlier post I made (somewhere at the end of last  year) about our first visit to Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant and all those food photos I took that interest him.

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
After a little chit-chatting with the friendly guy, we went on browsing its menu.
What shall we order, BB? *cracks head*

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
While waiting for the meals to be served, we requested one of the girls (waitress) to refill hot water for our tea, but she seemed to forget to bring them back to our table until we asked for the tea again. I'm not being harsh but seriously, they should've paid more attention to the customers rather than just standing there talking at the counter.

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Seafood Beancurd Hot Pot in Szechuan Sauce (锦江海鲜豆腐煲) - $21.90

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant Toowoomba
Salt and Pepper Soft Shell Crab (椒盐软壳蟹) - $21.90. Still as crispy and delicious as they were but the price has slightly increased by two dollars compared to last time.

Toowoomba Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to each other and you had great bonding. The food looks delicious.

    Mharms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhar's Display:
    Thanks, we had great meals there =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I just found your blog. I am new to Toowoomba and was just googling chinese restaurants. So glad I found your blogs! I can't wait to try the Hong Kong Restaurant! Love your style of photography too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emilie:
    Hi Emilie, thank you so much for your compliment and welcome to the Garden City of Toowoomba!

    It's magpie season here in the Spring, so be watchful of sudden swooping attack by these birds when walking or cycling in the neighborhood =)

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...