Saturday, August 27, 2011

Selections Restaurant at City Golf Club: Not-So-Impressive Dinner


City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
As arrived, we were welcomed or maybe not very welcome by these two ladies at the front counter, especially the young lady (who's probably younger than us). Was it because they were having a super busy Friday night or due to other facts like we're not VIPs, definitely not rich, obviously and undeniably Asians? Doesn't matter, all I care was getting a new membership for my boi (the old one has already expired) so that I may tag along and enjoy a peaceful dinner together. I mean, she could have just given us the membership form and explain how does the system actually works in the first place, regardless the customers are first timers or not, but she just miraculously didn't.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
We found ourselves a table to sit down, checked out its online menu and finally decided what to order. Btw, that's a buzzer which I was holding in my hand.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
Not sure what was my BB doing with his iPad 2 ;p

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
Things were still fine until my meal came.
Cajun Prawn, Calamari & Proscuitto Jambalaya was the one that I ordered.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
The look was alright but the taste was not. It just tastes plain spicy (no salty or sweet taste) to me! If that's how it supposed to taste like, then we're sorry, we really didn't like it at all and will never in our lives know how to enjoy it. I tried to talk to the wait staff, she somehow just thought I was complaining about the dish being too spicy (not even close to my point). Then the manager came, along with a menu in his hand. He told us that the meal was well cooked and blah blah blah, no exchange or re-cook was offered either. So I said, it's alright, we didn't want the meal back, thank you.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
Some food we got from the salad and vegetable bar (as recommended by the manager). Most of them are oil-free and tasteless except those veggies with natural sweetness in them, and the fried rice with plain soy sauce taste. Better off to Sizzler!

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
Chinese BBQ Duck Breast Salad with Asian herbs and not-so-crispy noodle.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
The duck meat was cooked and flavored beautifully, loved it.
But the combination of Chinese herbs with western salad was just a bit odd to us.

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
Megacino. I shouldn't have put that piece of chocolate in it, totally ruined the cappuccino flavor, my bad =/

City Golf Club Toowoomba: Disappointing Night
It was raining that time, luckily there was this 8-seater golf cart / club car to pick us up before and after the dinner, awesome right? And the reason why we were still smiling so happily in this photo is because it was taken before the dinner. We got all excited remembering all the good food we used to taste here, but apparently not any more!

Selections Restaurant (City Golf Club) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...