Saturday, April 23, 2011

Virgin Trip to Hong Kong and Shenzhen (Advice Needed)


My boi and I will be organizing a short trip to Hong Kong  next month along with few of my family members and friends. I know a lot of you have already been there for infinite times, but this would just be our virgin visit. So guys, mind giving me us 2 cents on what are the DOs and DON'Ts that we should be aware of before stepping our feet on the "Fragrant Harbour"? Like which restaurants serve the best food or what are the famous local snacks / hotspots that we shouldn't miss out? Any good advice?

Map_Hong Kong

My sis's initial plan is to spend 3 nights in Hong Kong (a night at Disneyland) and 1 night in Shenzhen, China. The accommodations and flight tickets have already booked and confirmed. What's next besides actually packing up our backpacks and sit on the plane? By the way, I've checked that the Spring season in Hong Kong is between March and May, that means it would still be really warm and humid by the time we get there right?

5 comments:

  1. Christina, for HK Island, u can refer to this link: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/tramguide/tc/highlights.jsp

    This shows the routes of the ding ding (电车), and at each station, the places to visit/eat are detailed nicely in the site.

    3 nights in HK seems to be a bit rushed. where u guys will stay? kowloon area or HK island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to consider getting an Octopus card. It's very very convenient, can be used almost anywhere in Hong Kong :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madame Tussauds? You can get some silly poses, like kissing David Beckam. Otherwise, eat the tim-sums-on-trolleys, the fat-goose, and ladies-market :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haan:
    I ain't sure which hotels we're going to stay since it was my sis who made the bookings.

    And thanks for the link, I find it very helpful to us! ;)

    emotionalistic:
    Octopus card? The 八达通 we always hear in HK dramas? Hehe~ will definitely get one once we arrived.

    Thanks for the great tip, babe!^^

    --andy--:
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing people taking photos with all those superstars! Thanks for reminding me =)

    Are the dim sums on trolleys similar to those we have in Malaysia? I've never tried fat goose before, will try it out for sure... What about the ladies market? 女人街?

    ReplyDelete
  5. if u want to see unorthodox Tussauds, google " tussauds kenwooi". That Ken so hum-sup haha.

    Last time I went Ladies Market, eat and shop (counterfeit). We bought some fake 1000-pieces Snoopy jigsaws back.

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...