Friday, November 26, 2010

Jonathan's Cafe: Char Koay Teow & Char Koay Kak


Jonathan's Cafe: Menu

My Malaysian friend once told me that there is this Asian restaurant located somewhere on Ruthven Street which serves very authentic Malaysian food. Hence today, my boi and I decided to pay a little visit to the restaurant after work for dinner. We drove along Ruthven street and later found out its exact location. Jonathan's Cafe is what the restaurant called, and surprisingly, the interior fits only few dining tables, probably not more than 3. The chef (a Singaporean) who's also the owner of the restaurant recommended his specialty - Curry Chicken to us,  but we both ended up ordering some noodles somehow. 

Jonathan's Cafe: Char Koay Teow

I got myself a "Char Koay Teow" since I haven't had it in like... ages?!

Jonathan's Cafe: My Meal

It tasted really good, considered the best "Char Koay Teow" I ever had in Toowoomba!

Jonathan's Cafe: Char Koay Kak

"Char Koay Kak" for my boi.

Jonathan's Cafe: My Boi

The taste of this "Char Koay Kak" reminded us of "Oh Chien" (fried oyster omelette) alot.

Jonathan's Cafe: Peace

Btw, I don't have to bother styling my fringe anymore :p They seem to be a bit more "well-behaved" now, staying at the place where they're supposed to be.

Jonathan's Cafe: Asian Groceries

Oh, did I tell you that the cafe is also operating as a convenient store too?
Not much variety, but still a good place to shop for Asian groceries ;)

Address: 286 Ruthven St, Toowoomba QLD 4350, Australia
Contact: 0415 828 337

13 comments:

  1. Hey, that's my favourite Har Mee! *drools*

    Your fringe's looking good....dont worry too much about it ;). You really look good in your new hairstyle :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. emotionalistic:
    Oh really? I never taste them before but I bet they taste good since that's your favorite =D

    Thanks, it took me quite some time to get use to this fringe thingy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Har mee is in Australia? hahahaha

    The Char Koay Teow really look nice! How was the taste? at least that solve your home sick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netster:
    Yeah, Netster. Have you tried the instant one before?

    And as I said, the "Char Koay Teow" was good, tasted a bit like "Mee Goreng" too! Hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nyum, I like that Char Koay Tew! but a bit too oily though. SO SO Deli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. frisco daniel:
    Yeah, just a little bit. But the "Char Koay Teow" wouldn't taste good if it was too dry :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I guess I miss the part it say nice :p

    Dry is not so good but fortunately I like both style. Dry or wet, its taste just so freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frisco, I see you have fly by my friend's awesome blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooo~~nice food introduction!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Netster:
    Yeah~ I like it dry but not too dry, and less oil less spicy please! xD

    BadBoy:
    I think the restaurant wasn't there yet, when you were still in Toowoomba :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. the ckt looks nice...saw the famous har mee brand...how much is it selling in aussie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel that your hair look longer and darker a bit.
    You keep fit? Your face look a bit thinner a bit compare to before.
    After see the previous post, I think it is the photos shooting effect. Hehehe
    Your boy look a bit pucat sikit hehehe… (but previous post, look energetic)

    ReplyDelete
  13. vialentino:
    Hehe, I'm not sure about the price, via. Would buy and try them out someday! ^^

    CH Voon:
    Probably due to angle and lighting effects? ;p
    And yeah, my boi looked tired as he has been busy working lately.

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...