Friday, January 29, 2010

Penang Food Overdose


Simpang Ampat Yam Rice

This afternoon, my sis and I went to try out this Simpang Ampat Yam Rice for lunch. It's just a small hawker stall being set up at the most front of T.Y.Y Restaurant (晨阳咖啡室). We loved the food and the "taukeh" was very friend to us too!

Simpang Ampat Yam Rice

Yam Rice (芋头饭), Special Pickled Cabbage & Tofu Soup (酸菜豆腐汤) with pork internals, meatballs and more... and Braised Eggs (卤蛋) in sweet vinegar.

Penang Popiah

Penang "Popiah", I prefer those dried ones (with no soup).

Penang Laksa

Penang Asam Laksa, my sis's and my boi's favorite dish ;)

Penang Hokkien Mee

The Hokkien / Prawn Noodle (福建虾面) I had for lunch yesterday.

Whisper the Maltese

Since I'm having so much of nice Penang food lately, I decided to go hiking with Warren (my blogger friend) and his baby girl, Whisper in Youth Park after lunch.

Penang Boiled Hum

Boiled "Hum" which is best served with "Char Koay Teow".

Penang Stir Fried Lala

Stir Fried "Lala".

Penang Gong Poh Hair Kor

Gong Poh Hair Kor (宫保虾姑), it tasted a little bit too salty.

Honey Dew Sago Dessert

Very thick flavored Honey Dew Sago (蜜瓜西米露).

Penang Wanton Mee

Wanto Mee (混沌面) with extra wantons and dumplings (they're in the bowl of soup).

P.S. I'd like to thank my sis for taking me out for lunch during her office lunch hour and also for taking care of my dinner everyday. I feel really sorry for breaking their toilet flush handle last night =x

7 comments:

  1. Oh, your sis stays in Penang? And about your invitation to meet up, this weekend I'm packed...might even need to go back to work during the holiday =(. So how long more will you be here in Penang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont tell me you eat all the food!

    you take a lot of food by one day?

    before you back to aust... check whether ur weight is increase or not...

    i bet u that ur weight increase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CH Voon:
    Nope, I take 2 meals (lunch and dinner) per day and those were the food we (my sis and I) had within 4 days...

    I'll definitely weight myself before flying back to Australia, LoL~ Hopefully I won't gain weight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. christina, wow wow...u r a real food hunter...nice food recommended by u...esp when i look at the food pics u took...already drools me all over my body

    ReplyDelete
  5. emotionalistic:
    Oh, it's alright. I'll be visiting Penang again next week. And yes, my sis is staying in Penang. Feel free to drop me a message when u got time to meet up, k? ^^

    vialentino:
    Hehe, I'm trying my best to taste as much as nice Penang food without putting on any weight =x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I didn't know you came back...I was at Penang last weekend...Should have call you and hang out.... :( Got come KL mou?? Gimme a call ler...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veron Yap A.k.a VyRoxy:
    Yeah, I came back on the 25th and coincidentally, I went to KL for shopping last weekend ;)

    I'll make sure to drop you a line if I go to KL again ^^

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...