Sunday, June 28, 2009

Farewell Steamboat Lunch


Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

My German housemate, Lucia is going to Brisbane for her 3 weeks internship at University of Queensland (UQ) before she moves to another unit with her boyfriend at the beginning of new semester. Earlier on Friday, I had already talked over with Lucia about having a farewell meal together, but the actual date was only confirmed later last night.

Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

This morning, we woke up earlier than usual to grab some fresh ingredients from Sunday Market and Hooper Centre, since they're the only places that open on Sundays. We managed to buy some vegetables (Pak Choy, Coriander, Broccoli, Garlic chives, Spinach), fruits (Strawberry, Passion fruit, Apple), chicken sausages, and several bottled drinks as well.

Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

Celeste (Lucia's coursemate) reached our place at around 2 p.m., then we started the farewell steamboat / hotpot with no further delay.

Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

My boi, Lucia, and I.

Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

Lucia, Me, and Celeste at the Toowoomba Bus Interchange.

Lucia's Farewell Steamboat

One final shot before Lucia gave each and everyone of us a goodbye hug.

5 comments:

  1. I like steamboat. I miss steamboat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like steamboat a lot.
    It can make it without complicated step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @::yvonne:: Hehe, it's best to have steamboat during winter days. I used to have it quite often with my family when I was back in Malaysia, you should try it too =)

    @Stephanie: Yeah, you can simply do it with a rice cooker, fast and easy! ^^v

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am wondering what is the long stuff in ur steamboat dishes ler...

    long time i din have steamboat at home already....now cannot organize it

    ReplyDelete
  5. @vialentino: Which one are u saying? The chicken sausage? The golden mushroom or glass noodle?

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...