Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sea World: Penguin Point & Polar Bear Shores


Finally, I'm back from the Australia Zoo - Home of the Crocodile Hunter with tons and tons of great photos but I'm not gonna post any of them at the moment. Just last night, I realized that the file size of those photos I uploaded to my Flickr account are actually bigger than the original ones before uploading. I don't know why but I decided to change to Photobucket instead of using Flickr from now on.

Penguin Point

Sea World's Penguin Point is one of the attractive spots that you must not miss out!

Penguin Point: Pool Party

There was a nasty smell coming from the pool as we get closer to the penguins. Little Penguins (Eudyptula minor), are the smallest species standing 30 - 35cm tall and are the only penguin breed on Australia shores.

Penguin Point: Swim, Swim, Swim

It was my first time seeing and hearing the sound of penguins, it simply amazed me! And if you notice, the penguins would shiver each time after they have eaten. Don't worry, they aren't feeling cold! The shivering simply helps them digest food, by increasing their metabolism.

Penguin Point: I Wear Wristband

The penguins are as adorable as the dolphins, they are tagged on their flippers along with numbered and colored microchips. These assist in record keeping, by identifying individuals. To distinguish the sex of the penguin, a tag observed on the left flipper shows it's a female, on the right indicates the penguin is a male.

Penguin Point: The Ultimate Trio

Oops, they ain't no Alvin and the Chipmunks...

Penguin Point: Backstroke

It's time to show off my backstroke, don't you dare to keep your eyes off me!

Polar Bear Shores: I Feel Annoyed
Sigh, there wasn't any polar bear show going on that day...

Polar Bear Shores: Starving

Now, the big fat polar bears could start messing around...

7 comments:

  1. omg... so cute!!!!! can i have one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. dolphin is more adorable than penguin...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to come visit one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chee hsien:
    LoL, they're cute but pretty noisy though! are u sure u wanna have one? =P

    choyyin forever:
    Hehe, I think both of both also very adorable =D

    eshda3wa:
    Yup, you should. Gold Coast is a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polar bear and penguins are so cute...
    oh u use photobucket, no wonder pictures that u uploaded are bigger and clearer than mine...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The penguins are quite small... hehe... But I want to have one polar bear, can somebody give to me? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. GeOk kEE好きな♡ うち:
    The file size reminds the same by using photobucket. If u use flickr, there'll be increasing of file size but the quality still the same. That's why I choose photobucket over flickr.

    akira 思胜:
    Yup, indeed! The polar bear is definitely too big for u to keep it =P

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...