Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Making Of : Straight-Through & Cross-Over Cables


Cross-Over and Straight-Through

These are the two RJ 45 network cables I made during the CCNA Network Fundamentals Practical Test in the Cisco Lab this afternoon. The yellow one is a straight-through cable, whereas the blue one is a cross-over cable.

The Making Of RJ 45 Network Cables

We were given 3 hours to complete our task, which was to "produce" 100% workable network cables by ourselves. During my very first attempt, 2 to 3 of the UTP happened to be broken. I was a little worried but still managed to pass the test after my second attempt. Now, I can start playing around with my D-I-Y network cables.

Straight-Through Cable and Crossover Cable
CLICK TO ENLARGE

By the way, USQ Multicultural Centre is organizing a series of Harmony Day activities tomorrow from 12 noon until 2 p.m. There'll be International food stalls, cultural dances / music, traditional garments fashion show, as well as other interesting functions going on. The dress code is "Orange", so see you there!

P.S. Happy April's Fool to my dearest friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that diagram, Came across your site while at work searching for crossover and straight through wiring diagrams for a network cabel Im meant to make. p.s. you are pretty !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're most welcome and thank you ^-^

      Delete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...