Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Seychelles Island


Seychelles Vanilla Tea

Last week, my African housemate has finally came back from his home country located at the northeast of the Madagascar Island. I never know the name of the country until he brought us a pack of SeyTé Vanilla Tea made in Seychelles upon his arrival here. Just out of my curiosity, I started to search for information about this "mysterious place" and I was so surprised to find out that it's such a shockingly wonderful paradise!

The Republic of Seychelles is an archipelago nation of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean. There are a total of 43 Inner islands (41 granitic and 2 coralline) and a total of 72 coralline Outer Islands which divided into five groups: the Amirantes group, Southern Coral Group, Alphonse Group, Farquhar Group and finally the Aldabra Group.


The beaches of Anse Cocos, Petit Anse and Grand Anse on the island of La Digue @ Holger Leue


A bird’s eye view of St Pierre islet near Praslin @ Holger Leue


A fairy tern takes flight above Anse Source D’Argent on La Digue @ Martin Harvey


Sunset at the Le Meridien Fisherman’s Cove Hotel, overlooking Beau Vallon Bay @ Le Méridien Seychelles


A romantic beach dinner for two on North Island @ North Island


Black Marlin and other big game fish await in Seychelles’ waters @ Bharath Ramamrutham


Fish in anemone in Seychelles’ underwater world @ Martin Helmers


The famous Coco de Mer washed up on faraway beaches long before Seychelles was first discovered @ Martin Harvey

8 comments:

  1. fantastic, exotic place!

    Any one naked on the beach? hahahahah

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. netster:

    LoL, I don't know buddy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh,this is one of my favourite to be place!The Seychelles Island is well known as a honeymoon island also,would wish to spend my honeymoon there too on the future and it was a diver heaven too,water is soo clear,wish to dive there once in my life!also,you can check out Maldive too,they have some simillar things to offer to all the people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shiveeleaves:

    Maldive? I've seen the photo gallery, very beautiful and breath-taking indeed. Thanks for your recommendation!

    Btw, Wish u have a happy & safe Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm biased (I live here), the Seychelles beats Maldives flat out. The Maldives are great for divers, but don't have a lot to offer otherwise. The hotels are isolated (no contact with locals at all) and the islands are pretty flat.

    Come to Seychelles instead :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. island wench:

    Hi there, thanks for sharing the valuable information with me. I really wish I could travel to this wonderful island somewhere in the future. Thanks for your invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you ever do make it, be sure to get in touch before your visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. islandwench:

    Hmm, in touch with u? Sure, if you still remember me that time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...