Thursday, March 29, 2007

清明 (Qing Ming)



On this coming Friday, I'll be going back to my hometown for 清明(Qing Ming) aka“Ceng Beng”. So I won't be around until Sunday afternoon only come back to Penang. This traditional Chinese festival is known in English as

◕ All Souls Day (not to be confused with the Roman Catholic holiday, All Souls Day, of the same name)
◕ Clear Brightness Festival
◕ Festival for Tending Graves
◕ Grave Sweeping Day
◕ Memorial Day
◕ Tomb Sweeping Day
◕ Spring Remembrance

This is a poem named “清明”written by 杜牧

Traditional Chinese
清明時節雨紛紛
路上行人欲斷魂
借問酒家何處有
牧童遙指杏花村

Simplified Chinese
清明时节雨纷纷
路上行人欲断魂
借问酒家何处有
牧童遥指杏花村

Pinyin
qīng míng shí jié yǔ fēn fēn
lù shàng xíng rén yù duàn hún
jiè wèn jiǔ jiā hé chù yǒu
mù tóng yáo zhǐ xìng huā cūn

English translation
A drizzling rain falls like tears on the Mourning Day;
The mourner's heart is going to break on his way.
Where can a wine shop be found to drown his sad hours?
A cowherd points to a cot 'mid apricot flowers.

Old Town






A sweet Disneyland keychain gifted by my boi's aunt.


Hehe, can put me and my boi's photo in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear readers,

Thanks for all your lovely comments and continual visits.
Hope I'll see you again soon! (✿◠‿◠)

xoxo,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...